Well, at least for four years. Or two, if you think about the Winter Olympics.
In the last few days I have added greatly to the list of sports I watched. Really random sports, too. However, my brain is officially fried from sports, and I can't type another word or think another thought about them. Except, click here to hear a funny NPR bit about London 2012. I've heard it twice, and both times I laughed so hard I cried. Whereas, when watching the closing ceremony of the Olympics this year, I just cried. The only good bit in the closing ceremonies was Beckham in his shiny gold shoes kicking the football off the open top of the double decker bus.
I have a new job duty for Lincoln Days (1st weekend in October). I am now a stage manager. I agreed to do it because someone (Dad) promised I wouldn't have to work the parade this year. Lies!! I still have to help keep the parade moving and monitor for those stupid candy throwers. (You know the ones I'm talking about. They know how dangerous it is to throw candy around moving vehicles, but they do it anyway. They don't care how many children could get RUN OVER by the parade vehicles. Grr!) And to round out the general crapiness of working Lincoln Days, Delayna & I are organizing the baby pageant again this year. (Disclaimer: Lincoln Days is not crappy. Working Lincoln Days is crappy. You just don't realize how much work is put into festivals until your parents force you to work them.) If you're in the area, please come to Lincoln Days. I promise it will be lots of fun as a spectator.
5 comments:
Oh I'm sure I have to work that weekend :( But count me in for next year for sure! We'll have fun. Can we make a citizens arrest for candy throwing? Do we have to dress up?
Is THAT why you need the storm trooper suit?
No, the storm trooper costume was for a costume contest as work, but it's not to be. Turns out it's rather expensive to make a decent storm trooper costume. Instead, we'll be going as the Village People plus two that we had to invent. But you'll have to wait two months for that blog & picture!
Meli- Lincoln Day's costumes are entirely optional. However, they will only be comfy if it happens to be chilly like two years ago instead of sweat-you-balls-off hot like last year. Not sure about the rules regarding citizen's arrests, but being an out-of-towner you'll get away with a lot more than me. :)
sweet, I can't wait til next year! I am SO THERE!
Post a Comment