I'm going to make a bold statement here- trampoline is not a sport. Just isn't.
I've been OD'ing on Olympics this past week. I didn't mean to watch. I am opposed to the Olympics. I don't think professional athletes should be allowed to compete. My road to ruin began innocently enough last Sunday. I caught the last two minutes of a soccer match. From there I started watching weightlifting. Then gymnastics, swimming, sychronized diving, badmitton, women's basketball, trampoline, men's water polo, equestrian, sculling, indoor cycling, beach volleyball, indoor volleyball, fencing, track, discus, steeplechase, and the women's marathon. The last was my favorite. I think Constantina Tomescu Dita is my new favorite athlete. (Seriously. I know it would be more popular to say Michael Phelps or Dara Torres. But I'm not running a popularity race.) Kerri Walsh and Kate May-Treanor are really awesome, too; I've stopped thinking of skin cancer whenever I see them and think GOLD! Women's pole vaulting is on right now. Wow. Jason & I are wondering if we'll ever catch the ping pong or the sailing.
I haven't been a complete couch potato. I've been knitting. It's my own Olympic sport right now. The pink sweater is still without arms. I haven't progressed on the 1st green sweater. I am almost finished with a lavender sweater. I started on a 2nd green sweater. And finally, the baby blanket is about 6 inches long. Why didn't I finish one project before starting another? First off, I hate sewing on sleeves. That's my least favorite thing to do. Secondly, I just work better when I have multiple projects on the needles. I have to have at least one sweater finished before next Thursday.
I also made a kick-ass crab scampi last night. I have no idea where these new found kitchen skills are coming from. I take it as a good sign; last November I started baking like crazy, and three months later I got pregnant. It would be really nice if that happened again, but we're not stressing over it in this household. Either it happens or it doesn't, and we won't allow ourselves to get bent out of shape over the size & make-up of our family.
Meli & I had lots of fun today listening to NPR together and texting comments back & forth about the stories. The number one story we were into was, of course, about the Olympics. They were introducing us to the Swimming Marathon. Sounds very interesting. Click here to read and/or hear the story. Our bi-partisan consensus is that NPR rocks!
1 comment:
Yeah NPR always rocks my socks off sister! I'll have to tell you about the story I was trying to listen to while driving through the tunnel in Baltimore this past weekend! It was SO frustrating while I was underground! Not knowing what Phil Collins thought of her song.....
I plan on drinking my morning coffee and checking to see who won the equestrian events last night! So exciting!
Post a Comment