I'm almost finished with the pink baby sweater. I would have been finished last week, but it took me two days to knit the second sleeve. I don't know what my problem was, but I kept getting almost to the end and having to frog it. I can't tell you how many times it happened, just that it was two days worth of happenings. I was seriously considering having a one-sleeve cardigan.
To get over my sleeve-hump, I started on a green sweater. It's a grassy green, not that wimpy baby mint green crap. Although I have tons of mint green, so if you ever get a mint green sweater from me, don't feel cheated. I happen to think it's the perfect neutral baby color. Yeah, yellow is supposed to be gender neutral, too, but I think it's kinda girly. Anyway, the green sweater is the same pattern as the pink sweater, so it should go along rather quickly. Until I reach the second sleeve, that is.
We didn't do anything this weekend besides watch movies and knit a second pink sleeve. And I broke a filling in one of my molars. It's just a tiny bit that broke off; it's perfectly sized for a nose-stud. All my life, I've loved eating uncooked past, and all my life I've been warned that I'm going to crack my teeth on the pasta. I got off lucky. I didn't crack a tooth, and nothing is in pain. However, I think I'll be giving up crunchy pasta! I'm getting the filling fixed tomorrow afternoon.
I'd like to point out, too, that the damaged filling is 21 years old. It's old enough to legally drink. That fact and the age spots that appeared on the back of my left hand after all my sun exposure in PA are really making me feel old right now.

No comments:
Post a Comment