Tuesday, August 12, 2008

TGIWBWTASILWWNSMITB

Before I get to the unexciting news of the day, I have to get something off my chest. My favorite blog was taken down today. The author's words were being twisted and taken out of context by a reader. Unfortunately, I have the same reader. I know this because my sitemeter tracks that information. I know where you are and the frequency & length of your visits. If you are reading my blog to get "dirt" on your sister-in-law, then please stop reading. I don't want to be dragged into anymore of your drama. Speaking of which- a gracious hostess always gives up her bed to a guest. No matter what. But hey, that's just how my parents raised my brother and me. If, on the other hand, you are reading out of good intentions, then welcome. I had, at one time, hoped that we could become friends....

Moving on. I got my filling fixed this afternoon. It's been 3 hours, and my jaw, lip and tongue are still numb. I'm kinda hungry, but I can't eat until the numbness wears off. I had a bad experience when I was 15. Let's just say, it's hard to distinguish between a pork barbecue sandwich and your lip when everything is numb. Nice.

I found out last night that one of my high school classmates died in July. She was in a car wreck, and left behind a husband and a four year old. I have to dig through the newspapers at Mom & Dad's to find the article. I wish I hadn't let our subscription go. Her name was Carmela. So when you say your bedtime prayers, please say a prayer for Carmela's family, for the child who won't get the chance to know its mother.

Oh yeah, if you want to know what the acronym in the title stands for, send me a gmail, hotmail, myspace, facebook, txt, however it is you get in touch with me. A prize for anyone who can correctly guess what it is!

3 comments:

Meli said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend.

The family was in my prayers last night.

Anonymous said...

Paula would be so proud of you for remembering your manners! You're always so thoughtful! I love u!

AmandaKillShiff said...

To comment or not to comment--To comment may allow additional twisting of my words and especially my feelings but not to comment seems to do the same thing. Your entry was not made to hurt me...or maybe it was...If so, you did. Adding to the frustration but more importantly to the emotional pain - I understand your loyalty and the circumstances of your unintentional involvement. Anyone who truly knows me, knows how hurt I am that my real words and the underlying issues have been covered up by the weak statement 'not letting someone stay in my bedroom'. Simple as this may be to verbally justify the present circumstances, I would give anything to anyone - To know me is to know this. Unfortunately the emotional nature of my delivery seemed not to support the main point that I was 'upset about not being asked' - I felt it would have been simple proper courtesy to ask before just doing. Valid communication is very important. I would be the last person to take people or things for granted so it really feels like a slap in my face when it happens to me or I am connected to something of this nature. Really...just stop & think...if it was in fact the simple statement you have expressed in your entry and I quoted above, would 'it' have gotten to this 'place'-would you have even made your entry? would I be making this 'way too long'comment? For whatever the reason or reasons this has gone too far and it is hurting individuals -for what? What is to be positively gained by this behavior? If you knew me, I mean REALLY knew ME first hand, you would be able to see through this and understand my concern. You have no idea who I am and what I would do for people and what I have been through and done in the past 2 years. You have no idea how off the 'mark' you are. But you need to do what feels right for you and this I understand and respect. If you ever would like to address me privately in lieu of making public statements like this, please do so at mandakill@hotmail.com or call me @ 570.898.7049 I would rather not have other individuals inform me to check out a blog that causes me to be upset. A statement made about me that is so out of my character - I can't explain how this hurts me. Thank you for your courtesy in this matter I hope to hear from you.