Thursday, August 7, 2008

Aug 8...

Last Saturday, we went to my great-aunt Esta's house in Paris (Bourbon County) to visit her and some out-of-state family. My cousin Luanna and her husband Roger brought my great-uncle John to visit from Iowa, and my cousin Esta and her husband Pat drove up from North Carolina. I haven't seen them since my wedding, and it was great to get to spend some time with them!After dinner we all went for a drive and came across this barn. Yes, it is a barn. We were in horse country, afterall!

Wednesday was Jason's & my 3rd wedding anniversary. I threw some scallops and shrimp in a pan with butter, EVOO, and enough garlic to knock over a small cow and served it on some couscous. Mmm mmm! I was about halfway through mine, when I looked over and saw that Jason was already finished. Then we had strawberry shortcake for dessert. When I'm good in the kitchen, I'm good. But when I'm bad (and this is usually the case), I am very, very bad!

So why haven't I been blogging more? Well, I've been trying to go through my very large stack of books to read, and I've started baby sweater knitting again. No, not for me. I have 7 friends who are pregnant right now! I'm almost finished with the first sweater, for a baby girl due in October. So far there are four girls, one boy, and two too small to know. Between all the babies and Christmas coming up, I have a lot of knitting to do!


Happy Birthday, Lara! Happy 38th anniversary, Mom & Dad and Mr & Mrs H! And happy Friday for all the rest of us.....TGIF!

1 comment:

Meli said...

I'm drooling on the keyboard reading about dinner! Sounded awesome! The dinner I made that same night wasn't to great. The chicken turned out delish but the rice was DISGUSTING! Oh my lord I couldn't believe how bad it was! It was supposed to be wine flavored, cooked in the wine and lemon with the chicken on top. Yeah it was a culinary nightmare. Its still sitting in the fridge, Jason won't even eat the left overs!
The knitting looks great!