Wednesday, November 19, 2008

We Have A Bathroom!

This is the first night I've been back on the computer since my last post. We had some excitement at work, and I spent last week and the first part of this week playing catch-up. I was also up against my knitting deadline. I didn't reach it, but I got it done the next day. Now I've got to knit up two hats for my adopted soldiers for their Christmas boxes, and I've got to whip out at least two baby girl sweaters pretty quickly.

No pictures tonight. I don't know where the camera is at the moment. Probably hanging out with Kandice. He's been missing since my doctor's appointment two months ago. I know I came home with him; I just can't remember where I put him. Let's hope I'm better with Lambchop.

So one of Michelle's last blogs has the cutest pic of her baby bump and the news that her bump now measures 40 inches. I mention this because I had to get fitted for new boulder holders since my chest has expanded greatly, and my bust measurement is 43! I couldn't believe that my chest is 3 inches bigger than a 6 month baby bump! When I got home I measured my bump, and it's also 43 inches. No wonder my baby bump pictures have been unsuccessful. I'm expanding evenly. Definitely wish the chest would stop....

I've very happy to say that we showered in our new beautiful shower before leaving for Tybee Island. We didn't have the floor down or the toilet or sink put in, but it was great. Since returning, Jason laid the floor and installed the toilet, sink & mirror. We're back in business. He just has to put the baseboards back on and hang up the new towel bars. Ringo is not happy that he no longer has a vanity to lay on while he considers drinking water from the tap. He just doesn't know what to do about the new pedestal sink! (Neither cat will drink from a bowl unless they're vacationing at the vet.)

While we were gone, the cats did their best to drain our bank account. They both got their annual exams and shots. Ruthie got her semi-annual urinalysis to make sure her remaining kidney is healthy (it is). Ringo had to be sedated for his check-up. He got his ears cleaned and during the cleaning, Dr Berry found a suspicions lump. He took a biopsy. It came back inconclusively, but the lump has shrunk since the biopsy so I don't think it's anything to worry about. They'll be going back for Thanksgiving, where they will get anesthesia and teeth cleanings because they both have gingivitis. Great. Mom suggested I get pet insurance back when Ruthie had her kidney removed; I should've listened to her.

However, the cats' woes pale in comparison to Dakota's. Dakota is my sister-in-law's chocolate lab. Delayna found a lump in Dakota's chest. The biopsy came back positive for cancer. Breast cancer. She's only four. They're going to try chemo. I'd appreciate it if all you animal lovers would keep Dakota and Delayna in your thoughts.

1 comment:

Just Another Mother said...

I am thrilled you have your bathroom back it's been a long haul. But it is very upsetting to hear about the animals - nothing upsets me more. I guess it's because they just can't tell you when something is wrong. I actually looked into volunteering at the local SPCA and they said they would call me because they had plenety of hands right now - that bummed me out :-(