For just a few moments this evening, everything was right in my world.
My day started off not so great when I was sitting at the four-way stop down the street, and some moron decided that since he was making a right turn (and I was to the right of him) that he could skip the stopping part. And because he had only scraped a tiny circle out of the frost on his windshield, he took the turn too wide and came thisclose to hitting me. He actually had to stop and backup. Topping it off, he had the nerve to glare at me! Wasn't my fault he can't follow the rules of the road.
I finally got caught up on everything at work just in time to balance an account that I have to balance monthly and hate doing. I hate it so much, I've been putting it off for the past ten days since Vicky's on surgery leave, and I could get away with it this one time. People, I was in tears. I had to go to Kelly's office for some therapy. There's no reason it shouldn't balance. Items come in. Items go out. Simple. Yet, it's only balanced once in the past 5 years.
Then before I left work Christy and I were discussing what to do about next Tuesday. It should be Bunco night, but nobody has volunteered to host. The October one got canceled at the last minute because four people decided at the last minute that they couldn't be there. We already had to ask two people to become back-up players because they couldn't be counted on to show up, and we lost another player due to distance issues. I'm really bummed because these ladies are the only friends I have outside of work that live in the area, and I love getting together with them once a month. I was really counting on those outings after Lambchop is born, and I'm a stay-at-home mom. But who knows what's going on with the group right now??
I walked out the door to the parking lot, big, fat snow flakes were falling, and I got a little bit giddy. And when I drove past my favorite gas station, I saw the price was down to $1.75. For just a few moments, everything was right in my world.
Then a crappy red Geo Metro tried to hit me on the interstate. Time now for some warm pasta, some comfort knitting (not baby sweaters), and some quality time with my tv.....Tomorrow will be a better day.
2 comments:
Well all the animals are in my prayers. Sorry to hear about the crappy drivers down there! I can't remember the last time gas was so low. Of course it isn't going to stay that way, and people are going to bitch again. Oh well. I have to use the bathroom, but the floor is covered in wet grout and what not, I might have to ask the neighbors! Glad to hear yours is finally done!
Drivers who can't scrape their windshields completely before they drive should be ticketed - and since there is never a policeman around to DO that I suggest everyone carry a paintball gun - and give them something to really scrap off their windshield. Maybe a tazer or cattle prod for people who say they will do something - then don't. Yeah I understand rough days! Tomorrow will be better!
Post a Comment