A million years ago, when Kelly went on maternity leave, I lived through 10 weeks of pure hell. I won't go into it here because it's a long, boring story, and it makes me cry to remember it. I did get to pick out a new fax machine for my floor then. It came about because the old one had low memory and would only fax about 15 sheets at a time and to top it off, it developed this high-pitched squeal whenever it printed. I finally went to Greg, who was CFO at the time, in tears (I cried a lot during those 10 weeks), begging for a new fax machine. He gave it the greenlight, and he even let me pick it out as long as I didn't spend too much money. I picked a fabulous machine that we've all been happy with for the past three years. It can fax, like, 60 sheets at a time. People even come from other floors of the building to use it. Until last week. New fax machine developed a sound of it's own. Richard described it as the sound of a body cracking on "The Rack." Yes, it sounds like crunching bones. Worse than old machine's squeal. After a week of piddling, the repair man brought in a temporary replacement so he can work on new machine. After he left, Mo, Eva & I gathered around the temporary machine while the first fax rolled out. Along with a high-pitched squeal. It's our old fax machine! I can't believe it. It should have been stripped for parts and/or recycled three years ago, but no...it made it's way back to me like a bad penny. I even cried a little bit today.
Well, I have to go pack for Tybee Island. I still don't know what we're going to do while we're there. I'll be happy as long as old/temporary fax machine doesn't follow me down there!
Here's a picture of Julie's baby Gracey in the sweater I knit.....

No comments:
Post a Comment