Monday, July 14, 2008

Now I Want My Own Pool

Friday, Kimberly & I went back over to Eric's house for lunch. This time we ate outside. I barely made it from the kitchen to the patio. Sadie was not happy to see me again. (I took a picture with my cell phone of Sadie next to my purse so you can see how small she is. However, I don't know how to get the picture from my phone to the computer, so if you really, really want to see the picture I can text it to you or you can check it out the next time you see me. ) After we ate, we rolled up our pants and dangled our legs in the pool. That was almost as relaxing as getting all the way in the pool. I did lean over to dangle my arms in. I was secretly hoping that I would fall in and not have to go back to work. Alas that did not happen, and we had to leave. As we were exiting, Sadie lunged for me. Twice. Kimberly had to come back in and walk in between us.

(Editor's note: Thanks to Meli. I had texted her the picture, and after reading the blog she emailed it to me so I could post it for all to see. The big brown thing on the left is my purse, and the little brown thing on the right with the two teeny pink ear-bows is Sadie.)
Of course, I didn't let a little thing like razor-sharp wiener dog teeth stop me from going back the next day for swimming. I had it all figured out- if I drove over in my swimsuit, I wouldn't have to go in the house. I could go directly to the pool. Oh, it was so much fun! Eric has the kind of pool I'm not scared to swim in. It's not concrete, so it doesn't have any cracks. The filter and drain weren't scary looking. Plus it was deep enough to dive in. Even had a diving board. Well, it wasn't much of a diving board. It was impossible to get enough spring to do a front flip off of it, but I kept trying anyway. My neck and back are killing me now!

Karen and one of the twins came home earlier than expected. Kimberly had cleaned a lot of the house the night before, and I was going to help her with some other stuff. But we were still swimming when they got back. It was sad, too. Eric's brother died Friday afternoon, and they packed up as quickly as possible and drove all night from the beach to Richmond, KY to drop off Eric & the Twin #1. Then Karen & Twin #2 came back to Etown to unload the Suburban. So we got out of their way as quickly as possible.
Yes, I got sunburned.....

3 comments:

Meli said...

I feel your pain and got your back if the boots come on again....


I also sent you an email with a picture of a certain evil wiener dog...

Meli said...

yeah thats an evil dog


ooooh what happened to the original blog? I'm so confused. I haven't had THAT many mojitos...

Anonymous said...

I love you forever, big sis!
Ginger says she loves you, too!