Kimberly is house sitting for one of our co-workers this week, and today we picked up lunch and headed to Eric's house to sit by his pool and eat. Well, it was a little bit too hot & humid to do that, so we ate at the kitchen table and looked out the patio door at the pool. Meanwhile, Eric's adorable, silky-furred, tiny wiener dog was barking her head off the entire time. When we got there, I let her smell my hands, and she stopped barking. That only lasted for about 3 minutes. I felt out of sorts; animals usually love me. I tried my best to ignore her and ate my lunch. Kimberly was on the phone trying to arrange for some car work and gave me a treat to give to Sadie to try to hush her up. Yeah, that was great. Sadie bit my hand going for the treat. Then she tried to bite me for real. Then she started growling at me. OK. So one dog in the world doesn't like me.
We went outside to enjoy a little bit of sunshine and wished desperately that we could jump in the absolutely gorgeous pool and not go back to work. But we're good employees so we went back inside to grab our bags and lock up. Only the patio door would not lock. After 5 minutes or so, Kimberly actually had to call someone to ask what we were doing wrong. I had no faith that we'd get it to lock, so I pulled out my phone to call Eva and tell her I'd be late getting back. As soon as I finished dialing, I heard the lock click. Yay!
So Sadie's still going crazy over me, and Kimberly had to be between Sadie and me so I could get my purse and get out of there. Then we get on the Dixie and hit traffic. As in stopped. So I pull the phone out again. To try calling Eva again. But I couldn't get through, and I was really annoyed. And when I saw that they had closed one of the lanes so the could blow air on one strip of paint, I got irritated. Yeah, the door not locking and the air-blowing traffic jam tacked 20 minutes onto lunch, which meant staying 20 minutes past quitting time on a beautiful (if hot & humid) summer day. Grrr...
And then we just cracked up! The door thing is something that would only happen to Kimberly, and the unimportant road maintenance is something that always happens to me. Today, we managed to combine the two. I guess Sadie the Evil Wiener Dog was the cherry on top.
1 comment:
mom said "she hasn't met Carmel"! I'm sure you can win even her over.
I'm not sure I can properly bitch about my morning after reading that hilarity!
I have to get back into my pissy state....
Post a Comment