Wednesday, July 2, 2008

If Wishes Were Horses...

...beggars would ride like kings. My step-mother-in-law likes to say that. And "is it bigger than a breadbox?" That's her response to anything technological.

I wish I had more time in the day! I'm always telling Meli, "I have a date with the laptop tonight; I'm going to blog." Yeah, you can see how often that happens. I feel bad that I keep missing my dates. I'm a bad girlfriend. Of course, I'm cheating on my laptop. I have a desktop model at work, and I spend 8 or 9 hours everyday with that one. No wonder my laptop likes to act out sometimes, freezing up and stuff.

To make it worse, I can't even be faithful to the "other" computer. (What? You're surprised to hear that I'm cheating on both computers?) I'm reading five different books. Why I am doing that, I don't know. I've got quite a few works in progress (WIPs) on the needles, too: a baby blanket, three scarves, blue socks, red socks, a sweater, and a red blanket.

Then on Monday, I got a box from KnitPics with some new yarn. I got some lace-weight and some cotton-linen blend. Naturally I grabbed a hank of lace-weight to start something lacy.... And I've got at least three baby sweaters that will need to be knit soon.

Clearly, I need to make myself finish what I start, and be a more faithful knitter/blogger.

1 comment:

Meli said...

you cheat on your computers and I have a dysfunctional love hate relationship with this one, stupid thing.

I'm only reading one book at the moment. But there are three on the burner and no end in sight. Thank you new house! grrrrr