Monday, July 7, 2008

Long Weekend

Jason & I had a wonderful long weekend, doing as little as possible. We rented a bunch of movies Thursday night and stayed up until 3 am watching them. We saw Drillbit Taylor, Fools Gold, Charlie Bartlett, and Be Kind Rewind. The only one I would recommend is Charlie Bartlett. Hope Davis and Robert Downey Jr are hilarious! Friday we rented The Onion Movie (one of the worst movies I have ever seen) and Stardust. We'd been thinking about renting Stardust for awhile, and I wish we'd seen it sooner. It was really good! It's based on a graphic novel. I've decided that if a movie is based on a graphic novel or on a video game, chances are I will love it. And yet, I don't read graphic novels or play video games. Go figure.

When we weren't watching movies, Jason was in his man cave gaming, and I was planted on the sofa knitting my fingers off. I had lofty plans this weekend to finish two knitting projects and two books in three days. I probably could have finished the books if I hadn't watched so many movies. Instead, I didn't touch the books at all. I almost finished the blue striped socks. But six rounds from finishing the second sock, I looked about 15 rows lower and noticed a dropped stitch. My first instinct was to throw the sock and all 5 tiny dpns across the living room. I controlled myself, though. I put the socks away while I decided whether to tink back all those rows to pick up the stitch or to just frog the whole sock and start over. It took me 24 hours, but I finally decided to just finish the sock and let the dropped stitch unravel and have a weird space in the sock. I don't care; I'll be wearing handknit socks, and that's more than most people can say. Weird space or not.

I have to admit that I had a 20 0z diet Coke Thursday night. I wanted it, and since it wasn't crack or a cigarette, I decided not to deny myself. That would be silly. Then I had some more diet Coke Friday night, but I only had a fourth of the bottle. It just didn't taste that great. I really love water; it's my favorite drink. But I'm getting a little bit bored with it. Besides tea and coffee, what do people drink during the day?

Oh yeah, last weekend we went to Georgia for the day to pick up a dining room set from Lara's parents, and we saw a DeLorean on the interstate in Tennessee. It's not everyday that you see one of those out on the road!

1 comment:

Meli said...

we mix Gatorade lots of the time. Sometimes we'll get fun flavored iced teas. I like crazy fruit juices, like that POM stuff. I got mango orange juice, that Valencia stuff and Jason hated it. Of course he thought he was drinking regular oj! oh well

down with soda!

unless its in a Mojito....