Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Queenzmadams & Bedswervers

It was a slightly rainy day last Saturday so there was fog in the mountains in Tennessee.





We stopped at the Georgia Winery on the way down. Where else can you buy Bulldog Red and Southern Blush? Their wines are all made from concord grapes and/or muscadine. If you like communion wine, you'll love it there. Also, you get to taste the wine out of little plastic cups that are smaller than Dixie cups but larger than communion cups. There's at least 30 wines, and you get to taste them all. For free. I may have stumbled to the car...... (Oh yeah, there's a Bible verse printed on the bottle lables.)




There have been a lot of changes in Atlanta since Jason & I lived in the area. The one that gets to me the most right now is that all of the Mick's restaurants closed. Mick's Bennett St, where Meli & I worked first in Atlanta and where Lara & I met, has been replaced with a restaurant called Vita. We didn't go in, but we could see through the windows that they took out the booths. The booths were always soooo popular.




After a quick, successful, and budget-approved trip to IKEA, we met up with Lara and Matt at Felini's on Howell Mill & Collier. Yummy, yummy pizza. With garlic. Mmmmm.... Then we headed to Lara's parents house. Sadly, Tim & Mary were out of town for the weekend so we didn't get to see them.

Here is a picture of Matt & Lara in the backyard.





We worked hard in the basement, going through boxes of Lara's stuff. She made a huge pile for Goodwill (good girl!) and packed two suitcases to go back to Las Vegas. I am the proud babysitter of her HUGE wine cork corkboard. I'll have to take a picture of it once I hang it up. (Yes, Lara, I know I don't get to keep it forever! Thanks for the bags of corks to get Delayna & me started on our own!) Just when we needed a break, Kim & Justin came over for fun, Balderdash (hence the blog title), and Scattergories. Although it was very difficult to separate Justin from the Stitch n Bitch book (he's holding it in the pic). I think he may be a knitter someday!




Kim is due on June 17th. Kandice the Gnome & I are rooting for the 15th since it's my birthday. It's on Father's Day this year, too, so that would be really neat for Justin- his first baby born on his first father's day.





Kandice enjoyed a soak in the hot tub. Just kidding. He only got to hang out for the picture, and then he had to go inside. He may be water friendly, but I'm not sure Tim would be excited about a gnome in his hot tub. I'll ask next time I see him.




Here's Lara & me with Kenna. Kenna is very, very old now, but I'm sure she knew who I was. I once took her on the road with me when I was dog sitting. She was a great roadtrip buddy. We went to Warner Robbins, GA for the weekend, and she was great with my then-baby cousins. The next weekend we went to Hot Springs Village, AR, and she actually got along with my great-aunt's dog-hating, yippy schnauzers. I have pictures somewhere to prove it, too. I love Kenna!




This is Jinx. She's telling Jason, "Don't take a picture; pet me!"







On Sunday we stopped by our old neighborhood before heading back to Kentucky. This is the best neighbor ever, Sabrina. You can see my old house in the background. See that getting-to-be-huge silver oak in the background? I picked it out when it was a wee little thing, and Jason planted it.




That's all for the weekend. Much fun. I'll try to post the picture of the corkboard soon. Saturday we're going to the Scottish festival at Carrolton!

2 comments:

Meli said...

jason will be so proud of your wine loving ways!!!

aren't those little cups a trip!

like pee cups for gnomes

Just Another Mother said...

I love Jinx! Jinx needs to meet the kids.