He's also very lucky that he sat on a soft item. I was once in a hurry to get to work and meant to pitch my knitting bag onto the passenger seat of my car. In my haste I failed to notice that the bag didn't quite make it past the driver's seat. So I stabbed myself in the tush with a size 10 aluminum knitting needle. My butt was sore, a little bit bruised, but it was in better shape than the needle. I kinda bent it. I still knit with it, though.
Last night we ate dinner at the Stone Hearth. It was a Navy League thing. VADM Robinson was the guest of honor. He's from Louisville so I can proudly say that the Surgeon General of the Navy is a Kentuckian! He was really nice, and I think he got a little tickled when I asked his permission to put our picture on my blog. Or maybe it was because I told him that I only have two readers? Hmm..

(I would like to quietly point out the two giant zits which appeared on my chin just in time for the dinner. Moving on....)
VADM Robinson spoke about a lot of different things, but I will share with you the points that stuck out in my mind.
- Preventative healthcare is very important for the military and civilians. I hope I don't have to elaborate on that. We all know it. Now we all need to do it!
- Civilians need to be asking more often "What can I do to serve my country?" We (most civilians) recognize what the military & military spouses do for our country, but we fail to realize that we too can do something. Anything. It's our responsibilty as good citizens.
- We need to have a long term view when it comes to medical care for our veterans. We need to think about now, but also look down the road 10, 20, 50 years. Our advances in medicine have created some unique challenges in healthcare.
So during our upcoming drive to Atlanta, Jason & I will have a lot to talk about!
3 comments:
your blog is already better then mine. you are a natural!
Oh my - now I have to ask what I can do for my country ??
Just like JFK said....
Post a Comment