Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Due Date

Today's the due date. And like the last three books that I borrowed from the library, Jonas is going to be over due. Dr M has ordered an ultrasound for Thursday so he can gage Jonas' weight. Then I have another appointment on Friday. As in May. As in a whole other month. I can't believe I'm going to have to go through another major sporting event like this. See, I get wrapped up in the comptetition, and my heart pounds and I hold my breath, neither of which are good for the baby. This Saturday is the Greatest Two Minutes in Sports. (For those of you not in the know, it's the Kentucky Derby.)

Unfortunately there has already been a horse put down. Horse A tossed his jockey and ran wild....ran wild right into Horse B's ass and side, knocking down Horse A, Horse B, and Horse B's jockey. (I don't remember the horses' names.) They had to put down Horse B. Horse B's jockey has a broken foot.

My mother-in-law got here Thursday evening. It's been great. I've never had the chance to spend this much one-on-one time with her. Plus she's spoiling Jason and me by cooking and cleaning. She has whipped the nursery into shape. All we're missing right now is the crib.....and the baby.

2 comments:

Meli said...

Wow she really is a cleaning dervish! Sorry I didn't get to the crib while I was there. We just had too much reading to do, and all that Twilight to watch over and over again :) Good to hear someone is cooking for you guys. Gonna have to get you some cool, EASY cook books asap :)

JTNOFFSINGER said...

Jonas? Where are you Jonas?

Try playing that Weezer song really loud next to your belly. Maybe that will coax him out.

Best of luck! Get lots of sleep so you'll be ready for the sleep deprivation.

I will pray for a smooth and easy delivery.