Wednesday, April 8, 2009

8 Lives Down

I am CRABBY.

I am, of course, having trouble sleeping again. No surprise. That's part of pregnancy.

What isn't part of it, though, is my nearly 13 year old cat waking me up at 5:30 in the morning.

He goes through this morning pest phase every few months or so, and this time I'm on the verge of strangling him. Or suffocating him with my baby bump. It starts off innocently enough at 7:30 in the morning, and then every morning thereafter he acts out earlier and earlier until he gets to 4:30ish in the morning. Then he goes back to acting "normal." He likes to do things like lick plastic bags or rip up paper. What he wants from Jason or me is to be picked up and cuddled, fed, or carried to our bed. (And when I say fed, I mean he wants one of us to stand over him and watch him eat about 5 bites of food.)

Last night I tried to be proactive. I made sure that all the plastic bags, papers, and gift bags were out of his reach. I made sure he still had some food in his bowl. I thought everything would be fine. But nooooo. He found a new trick. At precisely 5:30, I woke up to a Bang and the sounds of foraging and plastic licking. As I stumbled around cussing him out, I found him in the kitchen EATING OUT OF THE GARBAGE CAN.

Somebody will be sleeping behind a locked door far far away from me tonight in order to protect his one remaining life.

1 comment:

Meli said...

Oh Ringo, you naughty boy!!!