Today I am three days over. Yesterday's ultra-sound was illuminating. Jonas' weight was estimated to be 9lbs 7 oz to 9lbs 10 oz. Yikes. We also found out that I have a lot more amniotic fluid than normal.
At my appointment with Dr M this morning, there was no change. Jonas has not moved down to my pelvis. I'm still dilated the same. I could tell that all of that in conjunction with Jonas' weight and the fluid thing made him worried. He and Dr P talked for awhile about the best options at this point. When he came back, he gave me two. The first: induce labor tomorrow morning and most likely end up having a c-section. The second: go right for the c-section. Neither one believes that I can deliver Jonas vaginally without serious health risks to either one of us. I weighed all my options and decided to go ahead and have a c-section. It's the last thing Jason or I wanted to do, but we also don't want to do anything to hurt Jonas. Or me.
So tomorrow morning, we're all heading to the hospital, and as long as everything goes well, I will be holding my baby before lunch. Yay!
1 comment:
Dude you look so drugged out in the facebook pictures Delayna posted! What a BIG BOY! Can't wait for more pic!
Congratulations you two!!!!
Post a Comment