Monday, April 20, 2009

Is It Time Yet????

Much to my dismay, the answer is NO. I'm still just 2 cm dilated. Jonas has definitely dropped. If I ever get pics put up on Kodak, you can see the difference in my belly height between my baby shower and Megan's baby shower, which was yesterday. I knit her the cutest yellow baby sweater. I followed Elizabeth Zimmermann's pithy directions for the February Baby Sweater Knit on Two Needles, Practically Seamless. (Note to my knitting readers, if you don't own EZ's Knitters Almanac, run (or type) to the store immediately and buy a copy. My copy is a Dover Publication and only cost $7.95, so there is no excuse not to have this book!) I found the cutest little, square black buttons in Mom's button drawer, and I have to say the sweater turned out to be one of my all-time favorite creations. I was sorely tempted to keep it!

Since I'm home all day or nearly all day, why don't I blog/Facebook/post pics more often? Here's my explanation (besides the fact that most of the time I just don't feel like it anymore)......the desktop computer is in Jason's man-cave which is also where the kitty litter box resides. Needless to say, I don't spend more than 30 seconds at a time in the man-cave. My laptop......well, you kind of need a lap to put the laptop on. Secondly, last year I kind of stepped on the power cord where it attaches to the laptop and broke off the piece that keeps the power cord plugged in so it falls out really easily. But me picking the cord off the floor while also managing the laptop in my not-really-a-lap (and sometimes battling a cat napping on my legs) is not so easy. I suppose we could buy another battery/power cord, but it just seems like such a waste to me when the cord still works (with the exception of staying attached to the laptop). And beyond the computer issues, I have been knitting up a storm. I just finished an awesome striped sock that needs a mate so I can wear them during labor & delivery.

Moving on to less crabbiness.....Kristy P through me a baby shower the Saturday before Easter. She had it at her parents' house, which was great for me because I hadn't been there since high school. Mr & Mrs P remodeled, and the house looks like something out of a magazine without being sterile. I wish I had taken pictures! So Kristy and Jennifer came down from Lexington, and Nita and Tess came up from Nashville. Tess's husband also came for the last part of the shower. I wish Carol Jo and Emily H could have also made it, but I completely understand why they couldn't (CJ had little Olivia to take care of, and Emily H was hosting Easter at her house). It's really awesome to be able to hang out with old friends! There's just something so comfortable about it. So comfortable, in fact, that I busted out the baby belly- pokey belly button, stretch marks, and all.

I've written about half of all the thank you cards, but I've still got more to go. Jonas's bookcase and changing table finally arrived. The bookcase is assembled and in his room, but the changing table was missing some pieces. Vital pieces. As in, Jason couldn't proceed with STEP ONE of the directions without those pieces. Sheesh! The crib is also still in pieces and un-painted. I'm not worried about that, though, since Jonas will be in a bassinet for the first few months.

We got our tax return and finally bought a real couch. Goodbye, futon! (Not goodbye goodbye, just moved to the top floor.) The couch is brown leather and is a dual recliner. We've lusted for months over it. See, when we first lived together, we had an old blue sofa from Jason's dad and the ugly green sofa that Meli and I had in our room at school. Then we bought the world's most uncomfortable contemporary blue sofa and loveseat. The arms on those were shoulder height. We were young and didn't know our style, let alone that we could stretch out on the furniture before we bought it to see if it would be comfy. After a couple of years, I went to World Market and bought a super light weight green sofa. It was nice, at first, but then it quickly molded to the shape of my butt, especially after I quit smoking and spent all day knitting on the sofa. It was never supposed to be a permanent solution anyway. We were just going to use it for a year or so while we found a grown up couch to buy (that was over 5 years ago). During the ice storm, the green sofa was moved out and the futon moved in. What took us so long to buy a new couch??? We couldn't agree on something we both liked! But when we saw our new one, we knew it was for us.

Mom will be spending the days with me until Jonas decides to make his appearance. My mother-in-law is flying in from Texas on Thursday, and she's staying a couple of weeks. I'm really excited about that, since we only get to see her once or twice a year (usually just once). She hasn't been to Kentucky since the wedding. I can't wait for her to see our house. She's seen pictures, of course, but it's not the same. Needless to say, I'll probably be on the computer even less, if that's possible. I will do my best to post all the new pictures to my kodak site before Thursday evening (see older posts for the link and password.)

No comments: