Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day

There is work happening in my bathroom, but I got kicked off the job. (I am not complaining!) Truthfully, there isn't enough space for three adults in that bathroom. Especially not with crowbars and hammers flying. Dad and Jason have been hard at work for about 7 hours. I might post some pictures tomorrow. We discovered a layer of flooring we couldn't even imagine. And there was a comb hidden behind one of the walls. And someone at some point decided to use old t-shirts in one section for insulation. And I'm not sure the wiring is up to code. Did I mention the house was built in 1948? There's been a lot of coughing from behind the closed door and plastic dust curtain; I really hope Dad & Jason don't get sick!

Saturday, Jason & I spent hours at Lowes getting all of the stuff we needed. We also spent a couple of hours at Home Depot the night before. By the time we got home on Saturday, and after a quick stop at the Heartland Festival that was just long enough to eat some Dippin' Dots and a snow cone and get heat sickness which resulted in hurling my guts at Walmart, I passed out for about three hours. I had a strange dream that all of the demo was completed while I was sleeping, and when I woke up I was very surprised that the new toilet and sink weren't already installed. Then I remembered which Jason I'm married to.

On Sunday, Dad abducted Jason to go over to Rob B's house to build stages for Lincoln Day's. (By the way, I got out of stage manager duty. Yay me!) They worked on the stages for NINE hours. Dear Lord, those must be some awesome stages. Meanwhile, I knitted, cleared out most of the stuff in the bathroom, and watched the US Open.

Today, I've been doing laundry, randomly checking on the boys' demo progress, knitting, and watching a Star Trek: The Next Generation marathon on the SciFi channel.

Now it's off to my parents' house for dinner and a shower!

1 comment:

Meli said...

That's some awesome looking wiring there!