Saturday, May 23, 2009

Hurray for the Weekend

Woohoo! It's early Saturday morning. I actually got to sleep last night. Jason started sleeping in another room during the week so he could be awake at work (and during the commute to work). He promised that I would get to sleep on the weekend. Of course, that term is used loosely as I still have to wake up to pump the girls.

Flashback to last week....I left the house for the first time on either Tuesday or Wednesday. The details are slighly fuzzy. Sleep deprivation will do that. We had to go buy a crib. For real. I had bought a crib from a coworker, and it turns out that the all important screws were missing. When Mom went online to see if she could just order screws from the company, she found out that not only is the company out of business, nearly all of their products have been recalled. Like, the one item that hasn't been recalled is the crib we have, but Jason and I decided not to take any chances. A trip to Garrett's was in order. We left Jonas in the capable arms of Grandma (Lynnette). I only cried a little bit. It did feel wonderful to escape, and the weather was beautiful. We ordered a crib, and it should come in by June. (Jonas is currently sleeping in a bassinette that travels between our room and the living room.) Then we went to Circle K for a caffeine free soda. Yay! Jason drove us to the other end of town, and that's when I started freaking out and had to return to Jonas. I was just too far away from him.

Thursday (the 14th) we took Jonas for his first wellness exam. He weighed 9 lbs 13 oz. That was great to hear since he only weighed 9 lbs 2 oz when we left the hospital. He measured 22 inches. The jaundice was gone. All the nurses loved him! We then made a quick trip to Target for some necessities. He slept through the shopping. Joe and Renee drove up from SC, so Jonas finally met the rest of his grandparents Thursday night.

Saturday (the 16th) we took Lynnette to the airport. There were a lot of tears. I was scared to death for her to leave. Who would cook and clean and watch Jonas when I went to the bathroom? She promised me that I would be fine. After she went through security, Jason and I ate at the Woodford Reserve restaurant in the airport. Our first dining experience with baby. We sat next to a man working on his laptop who got one of those "oh shit, a baby!" expressions on his face. Jonas, I am happy to report, was a very good, very quiet baby. When I came back from the bathroom, the man was complimenting Jason on having such a quiet baby. From there we went to.....Target. Yes, I practically live there. A few other babies were squalling while we were shopping, but Jonas slept right through it.

Monday was the scariest day for me. Jason went back to work. Jonas and I survived. Now that it's the end of the week, I'm not sure how we survived. There wasn't a lot of sleeping by either Jonas or me. He really only likes to sleep while I'm sitting in the Laz-Y-Boy, holding him on my chest. He moves his head around until he can get next to my skin. I, however, can't sleep with him like that. I'm too afraid I will drop him. I've been watching a lot of bad late night tv instead of sleeping.

Wednesday was our big outing. Joe and Renee had gone back to SC, and it was the first day I was allowed to drive and pick up anything over 20 lbs. I made it through my first shower without anyone to watch Jonas. (He slept in his bassinette in the bathroom, and I had to peek out at him every minute or so. I was so nervous!) Then Mom came over, and the three of us went to Etown. We ate lunch at Panera. Then we went to Supermommy Superstore and Fiddlesticks. Jonas was awesome the entire time. I did a little bit too much lifting and twisting, though, and I definitely felt the pain later that night.

For Mother's Day, I got flowers from Jason's grandma, nursing pjs from Lynnette, cards from Mrs Hutchins and Wilma, and three straight hours of sleep courtesy of Jason.

Well, I'm going to go back to bed for a little bit. The three of us are going to Etown today to run errands. Sam's, Kroger's, Supermommy's, Old Navy, and Target (of course). Since Jason is on super dad duty this weekend, I might possibly get photos uploaded. I will blog when (if) I accomplish that.

No comments: