Tuesday, I was unhappy about going to work. I don't care who you vote for, Inauguration Day should be a holiday so we can all sit glued to the tv. I arranged my lunch time so I could watch the swearing in and speech on the tv in the breakroom. Later that night, Jason & I watched it all on the DVR. The speech was still good the second time around.
Wednesday, I wiggled in my seat all day long. Lost's season premier was that night. I feel like it left me with more questions than answers. And I need a lot of answers after the first four seasons. (What's with the statue foot with only four toes?!?!)
Saturday, Mom and I drove up to Dry Ridge (about 2 hrs north) for Carol Jo's baby shower, who is due in three weeks. Nita organized a little shower at Cracker Barrel, and it was a mini high school reunion. I really wish Tessa and Laurie had been able to make it, too, but we still had lots of fun. And I was groped by a two-year-old. Emily's son, Jasper (not named after Jasper Hale) came to sit on my lap while Emily went to the bathroom. The first thing he did- little hands on the big boobs. I was surprised, asked if he wanted to pat the baby, and moved his hands to my big belly. He patted the baby, said hello, and returned his hands to my chest. I started giggling. When I saw that Kristy saw it all and was laughing, I completely lost it. I laughed so hard, I almost choked on air. I can't say I blame him.....the girls have become quite large and impossible to ignore, and I'm sure that he wasn't patting my boobs so much as he was patting the weird, gigantic things sticking out from my body. He was probably wondering what I was doing with balloons stuck in my shirt or something. Boob obsession aside, Jasper is one of the sweetest, most darling little boys I've met in many, many years, and I'm really looking forward to seeing him grow up.

While I was with my friends, Mom was at a nearby table eating lunch with her Uncle Sonny and Aunt Sally. This was the first time I'd ever met them. After the shower was over, Mom & I went over to Sonny & Sally's house to visit for awhile. Then the plan was to go back to Hodgenville, take a nap, and meet up with Emily N, Christy, and Sherrie to see Twilight. Sherrie had called the theater earlier in the week to make sure it would still be playing Saturday night and was assured that it would be. Was it actually still playing Saturday night? Of course not. So as I was already getting itchy to head home, Em texted me the sad news. Then she texted that the movie was playing in New Albany (just across the river from Lousiville in Indiana), was I still up for going? Hell, yes!!! Mom and I headed back to Lexington, then across the state to Louisville. We met up with Em and Angela. We headed on up to New Albany, and Mom drove my car home.Jason had been in Louisville working (dedicated employee) and then went to Sam's Club in Indiana to get Band of Brothers on Blu-ray. So guess who showed up at the movie theater right as I was ordering my ticket! He had some theater coupons that his boss gave him for Christmas last year, and since he was so close, he decided to bring them by for us to have. How sweet was that! The tickets were $9 each, but after $20 in coupons, I only shelled out $7 for three adult tickets. Which was also sweet! I checked out the toilets while Angela & Em got us popcorn and drinks. The theater was packed! I couldn't believe how many people were there. All ages, too. (Old Man was not there. But thanks to him, I am now hyper-aware of Jasper Hale.) We had so much fun with our girls' night out, what's next? Nashville? Cincinatti? I guess it just depends on where it's still playing. Sherrie still hasn't seen it, and now that Shannon's finally reading the book, she'll surely want to go see it, too. Not sure if we'll be able to get Christy to do anything that spontaneous, but we'll work on her.
Here's a pic of Angela, me and Em between updating our Facebook statuses (stati? what's the plural of status??) and the start of the movie.

1 comment:
See you had a much cooler week then I did! And your review was so much better! That old guy had ME cracking up, and I wasn't even there. Maybe we should do a Twilight themed shower......
Post a Comment