Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Bonding

Yesterday I had to take a nap at work and by the time I got home, I crashed again. I woke up for dinner and went back to bed. I was very surprised when I woke up this morning and was still exhausted. The thought of doing anything besides eating breakfast made me want to cry, so I ended up staying home from work. When I got tired of the bed, I settled into the recliner, and Ruthie decided to join me. Every so often I would notice her inching closer and closer to my baby bump. She finally ended up on her side with her ear pressed to it. Jonas decided that would be a great time to wake up and start kicking at the warm spot. He was going at it so hard that I could watch her head bounce up and down! Ruthie must realized that he will eventually be another entity to worship her. She kept her head where it was and started purring, which made Jonas even more active. Jason and I were worried about how she'll react when she meets Jonas. She seems to believe that she's the baby, but I think she's going to love Jonas....if she can get over the fact that I can't carry her and Jonas at the same time.

1 comment:

Meli said...

That is so sweet!