Friday, October 7, 2011

Overdue Book Review

See the Rachael Herron books listed above? Go. Buy. Them. Or buy digital copies like me. (And be sure to check out Rachael's blog at www.yarnagogo.com.)  

A Life in Stitches is the latest release. It's a book of personal essays. Rachael's writing is like having your BFF sitting next to on the couch, gabbing over chai lattes. I laughed. I cried. (The essays about her mom really hit me since I continue to battle emotions regarding Mom and her MS.) I promised myself that this time I really would post a blog about Rachael's mad writing skills. 

How to Knit a Love Song and How to Knit a Heart Back Home are the first two novels in the Cypress Hollow Yarn Series. I'm eagerly awaiting #3.  They have everything- yarn, romance, strong heroines, yarn, zippy dialogue, plausible plot lines, yarn, and a knitting pattern at the end of the book. Did I mention yarn?

Honeymooning is a short story that features two characters from Cypress Hollow. It's a fun, quick read. Your Rachael Herron Collection will not be complete without it.

I wish I could describe the books in such a way that you'd trip over yourself in your haste to buy them, but I don't have the words. Be assured that if I bought them for my nook, that means I love them enough to a) KEEP THEM FOREVER and b) CARRY THEM WITH ME WHEREVER I TRAVEL. If that's not convincing, what is? 

Be sure to check out Rachael's blog!

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi

No comments: