Last year I decided that I would be a drop spindle kit at SAFF this year and learn to spin. Unfortunately the vendor I wanted to get my kit from wasn't there this year so I decided to come home and buy a kit from my LYS. Renee and I bought needle felting items to try that out. I really don't have the gift for needle felting, and I've already stabbed myself a couple times. I think I should call it quits on that!
We dragged ourselves away reluctanctly and drove back to Cherokee with a Volvo packed with yarn, needles, roving, handmade soaps and patterns. After a brief nap for Jonas, we headed down to dinner at Paula Deen's. Friday night the service was great, the food so-so. Saturday night the service was some of the worst I've ever had, the food good but salty. I ate a spinach salad with warm bacon dressing and the crab stew. Then Jason and Joe went to see WILLIE NELSON in a small concert. I really, really wish I had gone because I lurve Willie, but I was dog tired. (And it was the only chance for the men to have some father-son time since Jason went to SAFF with Renee and me).
Sunday morning we were up early to drive to the Pancake House in Gatlinburg. How crazy are we that we stood outside in 38* for 30ish minutes waiting to get inside and get our table? Apparently, it's tradition in Gburg to eat at this place and wait in the crazy line. The food was pretty good, but I find it suspicious that Jonas and Jason have both been battling colds this week.....
-- Sent from my Palm Pixi

No comments:
Post a Comment