Monday, July 6, 2009

Bamboo

I hope everyone had a good Fourth of July.  We barely stayed awake for the fireworks on tv, but Jonas loved them.

Renee (Booboo) has nicknamed the little one "Bamboo" because he grows like it.  So much so, that not even a full week ago, I knit him two pairs of socks....and now neither pair fits him.  Can't say I'll be knitting many more baby socks.  (Although it takes mere hours to knit a pair, the lifespan is just too short!)

Unfortunately for my pocketbook, I discovered a brick and mortar Babies r Us yesterday.  Wow.  I can resist the temptation online, but not in real life.  I ran in the store for two things- a baby sunhat and a pair of baby sunglasses.  I left with two hats, two pairs of glasses, a football onesie (for my little linebacker), sunscreen, formula, The Hungry Catepillar, and a box of animal cookies (a little something for Mom and Dad and Poppa and Booboo).  Booboo left the store with a stack of footed longies, a sleepsack, a cow toy, a lambie blanket, a pacifier leash....Somehow we managed to resist the lure of the HALLOWEEN COSTUMES that were displayed prominently at the front of the store.

Renee and I have already made our ritual visit to Hobby Lobby.  I was very good.  I only bought a couple of balls of sock yarn (this was before Bamboo's feet grew again) and some cotton yarn for baby-themed washcloths (to be given as a gift).  I haven't dived into this South Carolina stash of yarn, yet, because I've already thrown something soft and something pink on the needles.  But shhh, I can't tell too much about it or the recipient's mother won't be surprised.

I still have a visit to The Sassy Knitter on Wednesday to show off Jonas and his stripey sweater.  The owner, Karen, helped me pick out the pattern and yarn last Thanksgiving, and I promised to bring in the finished product on my little model.  The color of the month is red, so there's 20% off all red yarn right now.  Hmmm....just so happens I need 8 balls of red wool to knit Jonas an adorable winter set......

Hey, Lora, where are pictures of Jonas?  A, I'm not on my computer.  B, I've run out of space on my laptop (!), so I can't put on any new pictures (or music, for that matter) until I take the time to do something about it.  Maybe I'll get to it this week while I have four extra hands to hold onto the baby.

1 comment:

volksbloggin said...

Bamboo may be the best nickname ever!