Thursday, June 18, 2009

He's Sleeping!

I know he's supposed to be sleeping on his back. However, he wants to sleep on his front. And when I'm awake and keeping an ear and an eye on him, I don't think he'll come to any harm. Anyway, he can roll from his back to his side now. Possibly he can roll from his tummy to his side, too.

Since my last entry, I've read 7 or 8 books. Turns out having a baby wasn't the reason I hadn't finished the Nora Roberts book. It's the book itself. Well, not completely. I'd already seen the made-for-tv movie of the book, and I think that killed the suspense. I discovered this when Jonas and I went for a walk to the post office to mail some thank you cards. Walking felt so good, I didn't want to go right back to the house. There's a bookstore on the square that I've always wanted to go to, and I thought, why not? I love it there! You can buy new and used books. (You can also take used books and turn them in for credit towards almost anything in the store.) From there we went to the library. Jonas didn't make a peep while we were in there.

Last Friday, Jonas & I had lunch with Emily N. Then we stopped by the bank to visit my old coworkers. Plus it was Kelly's birthday (three days before mine), and I had promised her that I would come back to celebrate our 30th birthdays. We were there for 3 1/2 hours!

Sunday, Mom and Dad came over to babysit so Jason could take me out on a date. We saw The Hangover (hilarious!), ate dinner at Ginza (mmm...sushi), and got ice cream at Baskin Robbins. We also picked up an ice cream cake for me. Everyone has to have a birthday cake!

Monday, my birthday, we woke at the crack of dawn to take Jonas to his wellness checkup and to get his shots. I almost cried when he got the first shot. His entire head got super red, and he wailed in an inhuman way. Thankfully for me, he recovered quickly. He weighed 12 lbs 7 oz and measured 23 in long.

Gotta go. The little cutie is awake and demanding attention....

1 comment:

volksbloggin said...

A sleeping baby is the prettiest picture in the world to me ... Love the onesie.