Wednesday, June 10, 2009

That Woman

The other day I lamented to Meli that I've become that woman who only talks about her child...It's not surprising, really, considering that I spend ALL DAY LONG with the wee fellow. I did get out of the house on my own Saturday night. My cousin Katey sang at the Lincoln Jamboree. She was wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. I am so proud of her. She is an excellent singer, and she's very beautiful, very photegenic. (She's also very smart.) Jason stayed home to watch Jonas, while I enjoyed the evening out with my Aunts Mary Bess and Anna, Uncle Steve, Mom, Dad, Blythe, Detre, Jimmy, the Maldanados, and the Barnhills. (LCHSers- Mr Sprowles was there, too, and he hasn't changed a bit since 1997.)

Today Jonas and I went for my checkup with Dr P. Everything is good. I've lost 35 lbs. (Wait before you get excited.) I've lost 35 of the 50 lbs (!) I gained. And that's not counting the 30 lbs I gained between the miscarriage last spring and this successful pregnancy. My goal is to get back to pre-miscarriage weight by Jonas' first birthday. I'll keep you updated. Because the most important thing in your life is knowing whether or not I can comfortably squeeze back into my fave GAP khakis, I'm sure. I'll tell you right now- I will most likely never fit back into my fave green cabled sweater due to the fact that the girls blew up to Fs. Yeah, they're Fs, as in FREAKING HUGE! (I had the most wonderful dream a few weeks back that I quit breastfeeding and the next day woke up with full, firm, perky Bs. I thought Mom was going to pee in her pants when I told her that dream.)

I noticed something disturbing today. Jonas was fussing when I was watching The View. (I've also become that woman who watches The View and looks forward to it.) Mandy Moore was on, and when she started singing, he quit fussing. He even smiled. Later in the car, he was calm as could be. Then I put on Aerosmith, and he freaked out! How can my child love Mandy Moore and hate Steven Tyler??? I mean, I love Mandy Moore as an actress, but I can't stand her music. I was somewhat distressed by this until I updated my iPod and discovered that Jonas really likes Lady Gaga. So I'll forgive him for his current love-Mandy/hate-Steven attitude. (Don't worry, Barb; surely he'll love Steven & the boys someday.)

3 comments:

Meli said...

Oh my gosh, I'm laughing all over again at this! I almost lost it when you informed you of your sons musical tastes yesterday. Now the lady gaga thing, that's pretty cool, just don't let him see any pictures of her! Now, this is very important, does he like U2? I'll find out soon enough ;)

And I know better than to read anything you write while eating or drinking as I almost shot coffee out of my nose after reading your dream. "full firm perky Bs" oh my lord! I don't even have those anymore and I haven't had a kid yet! Keep dreaming sister ;)

JTNOFFSINGER said...

Haha! Could be one of the funniest blog postings I've ever read. I hope your dream comes true someday--although you might have to meet one of the Dr. 90210 guys.

Another important question: Does Jonas like the Beatles?

Just Another Mother said...

OK - F's ? Sweet Jesus! You need to post a photo of that. As for Jonas taste in music - you probably chose the wrong Aerosmith song. You have to ease him into it. Will give him some more time.