Saturday, October 18, 2008

Hello Mrs McB, Goodbye Samantha

Yesterday I wiggled in my seat at work all day long. Barb had emailed me to expect a little something from UPS. I couldn't wait to get home and see what waited for me. I got home, grabbed the box and the mail and immediately tripped over the cats. They couldn't wait for me to get home, either. I debated whether or not to wait for Jason to open the package. It was addressed to Lambchop in care of Jason & me (how cute!). I considered just perusing the newest American Girl catalog until he got home (to shop for Christmas presents for my neices, not me). Naturally I couldn't stand the suspense, so I ripped open the box to find......And inside the bag, I found.....

Aww! Thanks, Barb! We've named her Mrs McB.

After the opening and picture taking and phone picture taking and texting pics to Meli & Barb, I curled up with the American Girl catalog. To my utter shock, I found out they are retiring the Samantha doll- my doll- on January 1, 2009. I can't believe how upset I got. I was in tears on the phone with my mom (who said that most of the tears were probably due to pregnancy, which made me feel slightly better) and is now planning on buying me some of Samantha's things for Christmas. I've had my doll since I was 10, for nearly two-thirds of my life! I guess I always thought that I'd have plenty of time to collect the rest of her stuff. Jason has been so sweet about the whole thing. He's agreed to get me her trunk for Christmas, and this morning he sat through me showing him my doll and all of the stuff I already have and telling him in detail about all of her other things. (My husband deserves a medal.)

4 comments:

Meli said...

yeah I'm pretty sure he gets a huge medal for that!

Lora said...

At least I didn't make him play with the doll!

Meli said...

yeah right!

Just Another Mother said...

I am so happy the little present was so well received! I know "she" has found a wonderful home with the Lambs. Melinda never had an American Girl doll - but she did have an Original Cabbage Patch girl who has been orphaned since she left. I can't wait for Jason to meet her.