Thursday, October 23, 2008

Christmas Party!

We just got our invites at work for the annual Christmas party. I am so excited! Jason & I have gone the last two years and had a lot of fun. This year it's going to be at The Henry Clay in Louisville. We're getting ballroom dance instruction, too. That should be interesting. My mouth is already watering for the food: carved beef and turkey, bourbon bbq meatballs, sliced country ham on mini buns, cajun chicken bits with Louisiana hot sauce, vegetable quesadillas, assorted cheeses and fruits, totellini salad, crudites and dip, bread, lavosh and crackers, and miniature desserts. I think I'll be eating more than dancing! Now let's see if I can find a dress that will fit...

It will also be my last Christmas party with the company (unless something changes down the road). I gave my five-month notice today. That's right, friends, I have the opportunity to be a stay-at-home mom. I'm kind of nervous about it. I keep grilling Jason about how secure his job is. He assures me that nobody else wants to do it. It's hard not to be nervous with the economy the way it is! However, if I continued to work, all I would be accomplishing is making enough money to pay some strangers to watch Lambchop. So I may as well watch the little one myself. Besides, it's been getting harder and harder to go to work in the last year or two. I got burnt out and have never recovered. (Re-winding a bit to the long notice- my boss was very happy that I can stay at home, but she was also really happy for the long notice. She said my job is "very hard" and "it will take awhile for a new person to learn how to do it all". At first, I was glowing that she noticed that what I do is not easy, and then I got kinda ticked that I get paid so little for all that hard work. Grr. Well, only slightly grr because I really love my boss.)

I started knitting the baby sweaters again. This time I'm using a vintage pattern from one of Mom's books. I've knit the pattern a couple of times before, but I hate that it requires so much making up after the fun part is over. So during one of my increasing moments of insomnia, I decided to alter the pattern. I'm trying to knit it all in one piece until the armpits and go from there. I hope it works!

1 comment:

Meli said...

I'm so excited for you! I hope I start knitting before NYE, but if not oh well, you can get me started :)