So we had lots of fun on the trip. Jonas loved Olivia! Michelle and Olivia drove over one day and met Meli, Jonas and me at Potomac Park. Once we strapped the kiddos into their strollers, we were off for a walking tour of the Mall and a picnic lunch (where Jonas took off and almost took out a runner with the most amazing thighs ever). It was wet and colder than I had expected. Luckily, Michelle had a spare long sleeve shirt for Jonas to borrow. So what if if was a pink-brown-green polka dot kimono-style shirt! Jonas was adorable and warm.
We also had a blast with Other Michele/Virginia Michele/This Michele/MicheLe. She almost made me pee in my pants with the stories of the old Rabbit she used to have. And I'm so happy she was there to get my obscure movie references! I think Jonas has recovered from meeting her dogs, too. (And now would be a wonderful time for a picture of Riley the Great Dane, but alas.....)
In Fayetteville, Pam took us to a yarn shop downtown. I can't remember the name right now, but it was Sunflower something and on Anderson St. The owner was pretty awesome. I'm definitely looking forward to going back to her shop. In Alexandria, Meli & I checked out Fiber Space. It's off of King St so it was easy to get to. I'm also looking forward to visiting that shop again. I missed out on Yarn Cloud in Woodbridge, VA. They were closed for inventory, but I'm sure I'll check it out the next time I visit Meli.
The long leg of the trip was the drive home from Stafford. We would have made it, if I hadn't detoured to Lynchburg to visit Randolph-Macon Woman's College (now just Randolph College because they went co-ed). The detour added about 2 hours to the trip. I gave up in Lexington, and because it was so late at that point I opted for a hotel instead of hitting up the hospitality of my friends in the city. Jonas was cranky, and I didn't have energy to be social. But we woke up rested and refreshed the next morning (Good Friday) and hurried home where we had to wait all day to finally see Jason again.
I guess I'm rested up from the trip and Easter and the Royal Wedding so now I have to get back to work around the house. I didn't finish my Lent To-Do List. There were some things that I needed to be home to do, and I didn't take my three week road trip into consideration when I made the list. Oh well. I completed 54 out of 67 tasks, and I think that's not too shabby.
Next blog.....long delayed book reviews for Rachael Herron and Suzanne Brockmann.
1 comment:
I'm impressed with your 54 items and I think you did a great job on your lent list! a 3 week vacation sure would make lots of those things impossible to finish. You will get them done, before next Easter ;)
Post a Comment