Monday, April 11, 2011

The 2011 Travel Season Has Begun

Good Monday to you. Last week I was at the Masters practice round with my dad and step-mom-in-law. It was soooooo beautiful. And I may have a bit of a golf bug now. Maybe.

The rest of the week in Aiken flew by quickly. I managed to squeeze in two visits to The Sassy Knitter. Most people take a picture of their children next to trees to show how they're growing over time; I photograph my child with my LYS owner, Karen!

Yesterday, Jason headed home to Kentucky, and Jonas and I took off on our first one-on-one roadtrip. I planned a short day, just 4 hours up to the Fayetteville, NC area to spend a few nights with my friend Pam and her family. And killing two birds with one stone, visiting Pam was an item on my Lent To Do List. I have been planning on visiting her for the past NINE years, and if only I had done that back then, I could be touring around Italy right now....

From here we're driving to Virginia to see the Killians and the V-Team. That's right- Jonas and Olivia are finally going to meet! I'm super excited about that. Meli, Jonas and I are also going to do the touristy DC thing, and since my last touristy trip to DC was at the age of 6, I'm looking forward to it a lot more now.

All for now. I've got NINE years of catching up to cram into a few days. I'll post pictures later when I'm on my laptop.

P.S. The Lent To Do list is mostly finished. I had to work really hard to whittle it down before this trip. There are some things that won't be completed, like scanning in a huge album of really old family photos, but I'm okay with that. I will do that as soon as I can and not NINE years from now. I think I've done a good job of giving up procrastination, and yes, it's been hard and Lent-worthy.

No comments: