I am impatiently waiting for the latest version of iTunes to download so I can move some of my music to my phone. Even though I have a Palm Pixi and not an iPhone, once I have the updated iTunes, this should be painless. I hope, anyway. The instructions for my phone portrays it that way.
In light of the fact that I'll be flying 7 hours with a 15 1/2 month old all by myself three time zones away, I'm thinking of ways to make things easier on me. Why juggle an iPod and a smart phone if I don't have to? Going without my iPod will be a HUGE step for me. It hasn't left my side in over four years. I'm actually on my second iPod. The first one fried a few days before I went to California for Meli's wedding. I was at work and called Jason in tears. I was such a wreck, he practically begged me to go buy a new one after work. You don't come between me and food, and you don't come between me and my iPod. Not if you like your arms where they are.
I've downloaded a few book reader apps to my phone. One is better than the other, but I have both because there's only a few free books offered by each. I don't pay for eBooks, and I don't pay for apps. I've been toying with the idea of someday getting a Nook or Kindle, but I'm torn over the convenience of an eReader and my love of real books (the weight, the texture, the smell, the beauty of well-stocked bookcases). It's silly to think about, really, because another gadget isn't in the budget right now. Other than cost, the biggest drawback I see is reading in bed late at night. Think about it- staring at that bright rectangle of light is not going to help anyone's insomnia. Anyway, I've only brought up the eBooks so that I can tell you another thing not traveling with me to Vegas- a book.
No iPod. No books. No laptop, either. Just a phone and a young toddler (and clothes, diapers, enough food to get us there, toys, a play yard, a stroller, a car seat, etc). I'm now trying to decide what to do about yarn. Do I take a few balls with me? Do I just take my most commonly used needles? I'll be there for 20 days so you bettter believe I will be hitting the local yarn shops. Which probably means I should only take one ball of yarn with me (in case aliens come down and steal all the yarn in Nevada just before my plane lands), but what about the needles? I could always use more sock needles so if I want to buy more sock yarn out there, that would be great. At the same time, if I buy heavier weight yarn, I'll need bigger needles to knit it, but I am over run with 7's through 10's. Too bad there's not a (free) app to turn my phone into knitting needles.
No comments:
Post a Comment