Friday, August 7, 2009

Only Son of An Only Son

I just want to clarify that while my dad was an only son of an only son, he does have two sisters. And my grandfather had a whole whack of sisters, like 5 or 6. So that's why I have a TON of cousins but none sharing my maiden name.

Ew. Maiden name. "That looks icky and terribly old-fashioned", says the housewife/stay-at-home mother. I'll have to think of another name for "the last name I was born with". Suggestions?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe call it your family name? I always love it when you're filling out paper work that asks for any other names you may have been or are currently known by ex: maiden name, assumed name, etc. I enjoy the prospect that by putting my maiden name, someone out there might think that I have an assumed name. Or a nom de plume.