Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Only 3,763 Days to Go!

What happens in 3,763 days from now??? My 40th birthday. Ok, ok, so you don't have to do the math, I'm turning 30 in June. June 15. Don't forget that. I expect stuff, like cards and money and flowers and maybe some gnomes.....Anyway, the reason I'm counting down to my 40th birthday is because last spring I caught an Imax movie about Mt Kilimanjaro on the tv. It would probably have been way more impressive at the Imax theater, but I digress. The movie followed a group that hiked to the top. I was very intrigued by all of the changes in climate and vegetation that I decided that for my 40th birthday, Jason and I are going to hike Mt Kilimanjaro. And now I have a wonderful mental image of coming away from that experience with a photograph of me, my husband, and my 10 year old son standing at the top. I love that!

1 comment:

volksbloggin said...

That's awesome, Lora. I can totally picture this moment for you.