Saturday, June 28, 2008

Addiction

I got my haircut again today. That's the 5th or 6th time this year. Considering that I didn't get my haircut at all last year, that's a pretty big deal for me. I think I'm becoming addicted to the thrill of the cut.

Something I'm definitely addicted to is diet Coke. I've been saving the tabs off of the cans that I drink at work and putting them in a little container on my desk. I had some free time today, and I dumped the container. 170 tabs in three months. Each tab represents 50 cents. Holy crap- that's a lot of aspartame and acid and money! Think of all the yarn or books I could have bought with that money..... So starting Monday, no more sodas. I'm quitting them. (Unless I'm sick and in desperate need of a sprite or ginger ale.)

Last Sunday was my 2 year mark for being smoke free. If I can quit smoking, quitting sodas should be a walk in the park.

Besides, I can still get my hair cut if I need a rush.

1 comment:

Meli said...

soda is hard to give up
but it is very bad for you
so good luck with the quitting. diet is especially bad too!
I only drink soda in my mojitos
which I wish I had right now after my hellish 6 hour drive home!