Friday, November 26, 2010

Remember Me?

We did survive the trip home from Las Vegas. Followed by a jam-packed schedule of playdates, Lincoln Days, Halloween, and travel to Georgia and North Carolina (weekend trips) and Texas (2 weeks) and South Carolina (10 days). I am so tired. I don't want to leave home again ever. Or until after March. I have a feeling I will want to visit Meli and the Maryland area.

I know I have been a very bad blogger, and maybe you have given up on me and stopped reading. What can I say? Motherhood turned out to be a lot busier than I imagined, and yes, it really is hard for me to find the time or initiative to closet myself in our office to blog on the desktop since the laptop really has become a fire hazard. And when I say closet myself away, I mean it; our house is a rabbit warren of added on rooms. What's that you say? Something about blogging from my phone? Hush up. My fingers are too cramped from marathon knitting sessions to type on those tiny keys. And my eyes ARE 31 years old now...

I worked my fingers to the bones and whipped out three hat and scarf sets to donate to the Hodgenville Woman's Club auction that was held last weekend. I dug out some dusty old acrylic that was Goodwill bound so I was pleasantly shocked when they sold for $20, $25, and $26! Right now I'm a sock knitting machine, but I will have to switch gears soon and knit another hat/scarf set (commissioned!) and wrist warmers (another commission!). Paid to do something I love...awesome!

2 comments:

Meli said...

I am so in awe of you!! A knitting traveling mommy. And a kick ass sis too:) I wish I'd learned hats this summer like I should have done.

Love when you write, even if its just for a short moment!

JTNOFFSINGER said...

Do you have the awesome Twilight Knits book? There are some amazing patterns in there. I am making a wolf hat at the moment.
Wish I had gotten to see you @ Lincoln Days.