Tuesday, August 24, 2010

But At Least I'm Eating Fresh Veggies!

I'm 95% packed. But I have to unpack the suitcase and re-pack it in a lighter weight suitcase. Wonderful.

I'm grabbing a quick blog moment while dinner is cooking. Well, sort of cooking. I'm trying to use up all of the fresh veggies and fruit in the fridge before we leave and decided to have fresh steamed veggies, pasta and garlic parm sauce for dinner. While cutting up the cauliflower, I cut a little bit more than I intended...I've slightly sliced the tip of my left thumb (thank heavens that's not my diaper wiping hand). It's like a HUGE paper cut but has stopped bleeding and throbbing. I definitely don't need to make a visit to Jewish Hospital (the world's number one hand hospital, where Jason went after his unfortunate lawn mower blade incident last September). I finished prepping the veggies and have them steaming at the moment. However, I don't feel like making pasta anymore so I sent Jason to McDonald's. (Jonas already ate yummy healthy chicken-vegetable pasta stars so I don't feel guilty concerning his diet.) I'm trying to convince myself that chicken mcnuggets aren't that bad if you're eating fresh veggies with them. Has anyone else heard that??

I just noticed that I'm typing just as quickly as normal, but my left pointer finger is doing the job of my left thumb. I don't even have to think about it. How fascinating!

No comments: