I'm talking about the year-long-bloggable-project bandwagon. Like cooking all of Julia's or Martha's recipes. Or spending a year trying to find happiness. Or cooking a $5 dinner every night for a family of four. I read on the web or saw on the news a story about how the year-long project is the new thing to do. All the cool kids are doing it....so then, what is my project? Well, don't get too excited, folks. I'm not out to change the world or get a book deal. I just want to challenge my knitting skills. That being said, I'm going to knit something new every month (knit it AND finish it). And by new, I mean an item I've never knit before.
My first project is a lace shawl with a difficulty rating of experienced (which I'm not concerning lace). I started it last week, and after casting on 624 stitches with lace-weight yarn and size 3 needles SIX TIMES, I am in the groove. It's not so bad. (And this is where the Knitting Goddess strikes me with a bolt of lightning...) I promise pictures the next time I'm not blogging from Pixi because I have nooooo idea how to put pics on the blog from my phone. That's way too advanced for me.
now, back to my knitting. January will be over before I know it, and I've got a ways to go on my first year-long-bloggable-project project....
3 comments:
YAY Blogging & knitting!
Oh crap I finished Michele's scarf but I forgot to get a pic of it!
Duh!
So far I've forgotten to get pics of both my finished projects.
I love your life! Jonas is the best baby ever, I can't believe he's walking! I am so super excited to see your lace shawl! Good luck!
I can't wait to read all about your knitting adventures.
Post a Comment