
Sorry for the bad pictures. Blogger and I continue to have disagreements on how well my pics should load. (I believe they should look normal, and Blogger believes otherwise. Oh well. This is a free service, and I shouldn't complain!)
Pattern: Fir Cone Wrap by Wendy D Johnson
Yarn: Knit Picks Shadow in Lost Lake Heather (This was an old color that I bought a few years ago.)
Lessons Learned in January:
1. As stated above, don't knit lace against a tight deadline.
2. Don't give up.
3. Be open to change.
4. Keep going even when you think it's impossible.
5. I am married to the most understanding and supportive husband in the world. (Ok, Ok, so I already knew that, but I had to say it again!)
6. You can't add days to the month. (I tried to tell Jason that January might have to be extended to the 32nd or even 34th, but he wasn't buying that....)
7. Sometimes you have to stop and read a book. (I read The Beach Street Knitting Society and Yarn Club by Gil McNeil to break up the monotony of k8, k1, YO, k3, sk2p0, k3, YO, k1, YO, k3 and so on for 44,460 stitches, not counting all the stitches I had to rip back and re-knit. I do recommend this book.)
8. The dishes don't do themselves. Nor does the laundry wash, dry, fold, and put itself away. If only!
February challenge project to be announced soon.......
3 comments:
WOW girl!!! (meant to post the other day when I read this!) Amanda & I are in awe at your kick ass knitting skillz. I haven't busted out my knitting since I've been down here, but I'm sure that's for the best as Addison would want the needles or yarn, and no doubt pitch a fit when I denied her the fun. I'm a mean Aunt Melinda I know. Seriously though wow! Can't wait to see what you decide to do next.
I love it! Congratulations! What a beautiful way to kick off the project-in-a-year!
Wow! I've not attempted lace yet. Whenever I knit with small needles, I tend to clench my jaws, which gets painful after awhile.
Cool idea to have a project each month.
Post a Comment