Howdy. Things are going here. Between Christmas knitting, traveling to Virginia and South Carolina for Meli's birthday and Thanksgiving, Jonas, life, a badly behaving cat (Ruthie), and a sneezing, wheezing, coughing, and leaking from the eyes & nose cat (Ringo)- life is a little hectic.
Jonas update: He's now 7 months old. I'm taking him later today for his second round of seasonal and H1N1 flu shots and will get him weighed and measured. At 6 months, he was 19 lbs 7 oz and 28 inches long. He's had a minor bout of ezcema, mostly on his back. It seems my baby has sensitive skin and can't wear fleece pjs. And apparently, babies in Kentucky can't get cotton pjs WITH FEET. I had to go to GEORGIA to find some cotton pjs in his size WITH FEET. Is that too much to ask? After searching all over Etown, I decided to give up and wait until our annual trip to the PX at Ft Gordon where I found ONE package of cotton pjs WITH FEET in his size. We ended up having better luck at the Babies R Us in Evans, GA.
At some point in that shopping trip, Snoopy went missing! (Mom bought him a Snoopy to go with his Halloween costume- Charlie Brown.) I can't find another one like it on the internet (amazingly) so when the stores open, I'll be calling Babies R Us, Target, and the Ft Gordon PX in the hopes that Jonas' special Snoopy is camping out in a Lost and Found bin. (Who am I kidding? He's in someone's trash. Or some other kid's arms....)
We've rearranged the living room furniture to give the boy more floor space for playing and crawling. I hope we get the Christmas tree put up this week. Honestly.....I really don't want to put it up. It was soooooo nice to not have to deal with a tree last year, but as it's Jonas' first Christmas.......
My great-aunt Midge died the Saturday after Thanksgiving. She was 95, and due to her health, it wasn't unexpected. I'm still really sad about it. I grew up with a lot of great-aunts, and now I'm down to three (and I only really know one of them, my great-aunt Esta). Strangely, I have a great-great uncle and great-great aunt who are alive, very well, and living close by in Vine Grove- I've met them twice.
So.....Christmas party at Jason's boss's house this Friday (yay, Peurto Rican eggnog!), Arsenic & Old Lace the Friday after, followed by The Nutcracker the next day, Christmas dinner at my parents' house (standing rib roast and Yorkshire pudding...yum, yum), and hopefully another viewing or two of New Moon (I've only had the chance to see it twice, so far).....any chance I'll blog again before 2010? Maybe. But just in case-
Happy (late) Halloween! Happy (late) Thanksgiving! Happy Birthday to Meli (Nov 23) and Michelle (Dec 2)! Merry Christmas! Happy New Year!
1 comment:
yeah no Snoopy here, and as you well know I've cleaned the house top to bottom since all the animals left! Sorry. It was awesome having you guys here. Please come back again soon I miss you already!
Post a Comment