Friday, September 4, 2009

September Already??

Why so long since I last posted? I've been knitting and taking care of baby. That's pretty much it. And oh yeah, planning on having a yard sale sometime soon so I've been speed reading some old books that I no longer want. (I just want to refresh my memory on some of them...)

For Jonas, I've knitting a red winter outfit, a blue cardigan, and a blue & green sweater. I'm also knitting him a penguin for Christmas. I'm almost finished with a pair of flip flop socks for me. Since I plan on knitting most of my Christmas gifts this year, I've got to get a move on. I've been organizing my stash, and I won't let myself by anymore yarn until I've thinned the herd (hence the decision to knit most of this year's Christmas gifts). I know I've made such bold statements in the past, but this time I really mean it! I have two big Rubbermaid containers filled with yarn. I even made a list of what I have and which container it's in. I still have four more XXL Ziplock bags (you know the ones that have been marketed for storing your SPORTS EQUIPTMENT) filled to explosion with more yarn that has to be catalogued and packed away. Meanwhile, I've filled TWO AND A HALF BOXES with yarn that I'm giving to Jeanne for her and for her elementary school students.

Jonas had his 4 month exam yesterday. He weighs 17 lbs 3 oz and is 26 inches long. That puts him in the 90th percentile for weight and 85th percentile for height. For some reason this past week he has stopped sleeping through the night. On a positive note, on Monday he starting consistently rolling over from back to front!

Jonas & Dr Preen. My checkup went well, too!
Chewing on a cloth diaper. We use them as burp cloths, but they also double as woobies. He likes to sleep with them, chew on them, hide his face with them, and fling them around.